Really excellent stuff so far. Great visuals, nice mechanics. Good stuff.
The Diasporic Crypt
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
A libre game inspired by Castlevania, where you play a vampire who moves around in a portable teleporting catacombs underground.
Explore ruins, underground caverns, high castles and sneak around in forests while avoiding the sun.
- RPG Elements
- Choose from two different characters to play as
- Find magic spells, interact with NPCs and more
- Blood meter allows you to transform under certain conditions
This game is still in development, and is missing content or may not play correctly just yet.
Source code: https://github.com/algorithmus...
Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/eGgEZzV
Godot Developers thread: https://godotdevelopers.org/fo...
|Published||May 28, 2017|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||2D, Action-Adventure, Gothic, Horror, Metroidvania, Vampire|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Source code, Discord Chat, GodotDevelopers|
Only the latest builds are uploaded here. For all the other releases, look on Github.
Please note: The Windows 32-bit builds are untested. I don't have access to such machines, and can't test them. Same with MacOS. I only have 10.9.
- Choose the right download for your architecture. You can find the right one here.
- Extract the contents of the file to the desired location on your computer.
- Run the game from the extracted location.
- Download the .dmg file and open it.
- Drag the game file to your Applications folder.
- Run the game from your Applications folder.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.